Friday, July 30, 2010

Victorian Star Quilt


Three years ago, I saw a photo of a Victorian Star quilt in a magazine. Doing my usual tinker and adapt method to quilting, the stars were pieced together. Each one took at least a day to piece together and I vowed this was the toughest quilt I have made to date. Instead of using my machine to do the quilting, I decided to hand quilt the stars. It was started before Sabrina was born. However, with her arrival, other quilts were started and finished.
Then we moved to Charleston. This quilt could tell stories of traveling by mail to Charleston and being worked on late at night. It could also share stories of Colonial America and the history of the country on the East Coast. This quilt which started as pretty fabric, represents a story and adventure in our lives. I will never forget stealing calm moments to stitch along the stars.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Beautiful job Julie! Definitely a treasure.

Truluck's said...

Gorgeous! What an awesome accomplishment!