Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fort Blanket

This morning after taking Randy to work, Sabrina decided it was a blanket fort morning.  So on her trampoline she dragged her beanbag, several stuffed animals and then draped the safety bar of the trampoline with blankets.   Next, to part the blankets and climb inside.

The fort building this morning took me, Julie, back memory lane to Saturday mornings while growing up.  Saturday morning my brother and I would make forts out of bean bag chairs with umbrelllas.   On top of the unbrellas we would drape blankets and then climb inside.   We would watch Saturday morning cartoons or play with our dentist animal collections.  (The dentist used to give eraser animals for a good visit.   We used to keep these is boxes and play with them.   Specifically I remember my brother having a green dragon and I had an orange squirrel.)  Add peanut butter toast and a cup of cocoa and the memory is complete!

Soon after this photo was taken, Sabrina got up and dumped puzzles on the floor and then climbed underneath the trampoline (the basement of the fort?) and started playing with her dolls and stuffed animals.

No comments: